Saturday, September 10, 2016

Latest Quilt Project...

Been busy working on some projects for others. My latest quilt project is a pieced, embroidered and quilted wall hanging. I was asked if I could make a wall hanging from some children's drawings.  I assured her that I could and was happy to have a different project to work on!

I started by making copies of the original children's drawings, transferred the drawing to fabric, embroidered each block using the colors the children used in their pictures and then colored in the area's the kids had colored...making sure to match their coloring as closely as possible meaning going outside of the lines! 
 
I've nearly finished the decorative quilting on the outside borders (not shown in this picture) and have a bit more stitching to do.  I know how special this wall hanging will be to the person who asked me to create it.  I had fun with this project, it was different from what I usually quilt and I think the kids will be surprised to see their art work hanging in the office when they have their next visit!
 
Thanks for visiting!
Blessings,
Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment