Thursday, July 14, 2016

Just A Bit Of Hooking...


 
Since it's been much too hot and oh so oppressively humid I decided to do a bit of rug hooking on this barn rug which was started some time ago.
 
Using only the wools I have on hand and my largest #6 cutting wheel I've been slowly working on this rug.  Hubby drew the pattern on a whim since at the time I couldn't decide what design to hook and I knew I wanted it to be an original pattern. 
 
I have a real fondness for simplicity and handmade items.  This rug when completed will be displayed on an old paned window that sits in front of the fire box of our faux fireplace.
 
While posting the picture I noticed my grass isn't even on each side of the barn.  H-mm, maybe one side has a hill and the other side is more level, I don't know.  It's either that or I need to hook a bit more grass on the right side of the barn?
 
Rug hooking is not my forte, I'm much more comfortable with hand quilting.  Still, it's nice to do some different crafting every once in a while!
 
Hope the weather isn't as hot or humid where you are as it here, whew!  I thought this was and "old fashioned summer" as some folks exclaimed but isn't "old fashioned summers" more heat than humidity??? Either way there are still joys this summer like our hometown celebration, parades, picnics and going to the lake to watch the boats ferry in and out. I like to just watch the waves crash against the rocks along the shoreline and feel the breeze.  Again, simple joys that make sweet memories of summer!
 
Thanks for visiting
 
Blessings,
Sher 

No comments:

Post a Comment