Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What A Find!

   
 
On our way to visit Mom, I saw this glider rocker at the end of a driveway at the roadside. Of course having always wanted a glider rocker I asked Hubby to quickly stop!
As we did a woman came out of the house carrying a piece of paper, when she neared us I told her I was just about to come to the door and ask if they were selling the glider and she said she had just made a sign for it saying it was "FREE", she was carrying the sign in her hand when she walked out of the house. I couldn't believe my luck with this find. The cushions are in perfect condition and the only thing wrong was the glider mechanism needed a bolt replaced. 
 
We got it home and I wiped it all down and shampooed the cushions (hubby gets antsy about used items from people we don't know) and left them outside to dry.  I still need to use some lemon oil to bring out the shine of the wood. Love the scroll work on the back and on the lower sides of the glider! 
 
I think this glider is a great find and now all that's needed is to find a place for it in our little house, (the wooden rocker in the corner behind the glider was a first anniversary gift from Hubby many years ago) once I find a good place for the glider it will be time to just sit back, rock gently and relax! Yep, my lucky day!!!
 
Thanks for visiting,
 
Blessings,
Sher 

No comments:

Post a Comment